Tuesday, September 07, 2004

Ok, so I am eating my words. Talked to a friend of mine last night, who is a human rights lawyer, and he explained that there is a different judge who conducts the inicial evidence collection and decides about admission of the trial, and another judge who is actually doing the trail per se.

My friend also explained that the suspect (not a group, as I had falsely written) was very unlikely to actually be responsible -- though he's a corrupt policeman and quite a crook, he probably had nothing to do with blowing up the synagogue, rather he ended up in that trial as a result of political power play.

So, yes, there was evidence "lost", and many irregularities, but it was probably good they did not convict THAT guy, and legally correct, as well. Now they will try to re-open the process with a more likely suspect.

I should be more careful writing half-truths here, I apologize.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home